Followers

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog where you will all be part of this journey through this project! Let me tell you more about it, this project is part of the final paper for my AICE Media Studies AS class at my high school. We have to create a two minute film opening with an original plot, sounds, footage and music.

Sound fun, doesn't it? 

I am super excited to bring you all along with me throughout the completion of this project as I blog each and every single step of it! We learned that we would be making a project like this back in August, and since then, I've been fantasizing of all the ideas for it. But now, however, I am completely lost. I should start thinking of a genre in which will fit my style of filming. Lets say public speaking is not one of my strengths, neither is being in front of a camera so, my biggest challenge is trying to make my opening interesting and hook you, the viewer, to want to stay and watch the rest, with mostly visuals and action and not a lot of talking. But still keeping the realism aspect.

 Step 1- Deciding on a genre

This is going to be a one man show, so the only disagreement will be with myself, i guess that is one of the pros of working solo. This film will most likely an action flick, I had a first draft planned in my mind, it still needs to undergo some revision, but I'll give you guys a short summary of it:

The film starts with a black screen displaying the opening credits, then is fades from black to close up of a puddle on the street. The camera will focus on the puddles for about five seconds. Suddenly, someone running will step on the puddle sending water everywhere. at the same time the Glenn Frey's "The Heat is On" from Beverly Hills Cop (1984)will start playing. the camera will then pan to the direction of the runner revealing that he or she are being followed by two other people. * From that moment on, the rest of the two minutes would just be a chase between those three characters...

 ...that's the first thing that came to my mind when we were told about this project. I know its super cliche.
Here are the issues pertaining to my idea:
1-To keep the viewers entertained, I'll need more than just a chase on foot for two minutes.
2- Also, I doubt I'll get legal permission to use that song for my project (Doesn't hurt to try though)
3- Again... its cliche.

I wanted to make a project that will make you, the viewer go

"Wow."
    
    Alright, this is all I have for now. I am super excited for this project and also extremely nervous for it. This is my first blog post ever so I apologize if I'm not clear enough, I promise to get better at it, I will be posting three or more times a week. 
Practice makes perfect

Thank you 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment