Followers

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Coming up with the title

This is ironic but coming up with the title of my film opening is actually one of the most difficult task that I've encountered during the pre-production of the film. If you read my blog post of when i posted the the official plot line to my opening, if not, here's a quick link to it, you know that it focus on a man that wakes up disoriented and confused, which towards the end, he ends up more disoriented and confused. So, the first step I took to find the name of my film was to look up on google "synonyms for confused" in hopes to find a fancy, SAT type of word in which would satisfy me. However, that didn't happen. I came across this article from Script Fly called "How Movie Titles Work" which went into details of what a movie title should do in terms of conveying the message that you are about to present in your film. The article talks about 'Meaningless two-word titles' or MTWTs which are titles that dont give any meaning to the plot of the story but the trendy themes. Unfortunately, all my previous ideas were two word titles... There is no problem is having two word titles, in fact, many great films that were ever created started out with two word titles. Such as Star Wars, Home Alone and etc... 
After brainstorming many possible movie titles, I have come up with one that will not be a "MTWTs". 
"A Strange Return"
This title may not make any sense for what my opening is about but it would certainly make sense later in the movie. I haven't put much thought into the story after the opening, which is what I'm focusing on, the gift pertains to what the character has in which gives the plot to the story. Currently, I have almost no plot after the title screen. Maybe after I finish, I could extend the story and share it with you guys.  


Prendergast, Gabrielle. "How Movie Titles Work." How Movie Titles Work. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment