Followers

Friday, April 7, 2017

Oooh, We're half way there...4/7

I am halfway done with re-editing my film opening so that it matches if what I had in mind. I would like to explain in detail what I am doing, So basically I am revamping my project because I was not extremely satisfied with the end result. Now I cant exactly re shoot  the scenes but what I can do is change the plot line using only sounds and effects. This is a basic summary of what the new plot will be, without spoiling the whole project. I added heartbeat sounds to the beginning of the opening to give the viewer a sense of wonder why the heart sounds are being emphasized and at the very end of the opening, the viewers will hear the heart palpitations again but now an EKG, an electrocardiogram, noise in the background. I also added some fades that will transition to white backgrounds. I wanted it to symbolize life, or the return to life. With those alterations, I feel confident that now the people watching can infer that the main character is somewhere like a purgatory kind of place where its neither Heaven or Hell. Now this is where the thriller and the suspense part comes in, WHY is he there and WHY he is being brought back to life and WHO is the man in black and WHERE is he? Those are the questions I hope the viewers ask and I hope to answer them throught the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment