Followers

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Changing some things... 4/4

Ever since I finished filming last Saturday, I've been editing non-stop. Today, I was able to edit my project and to tell you the truth, I'm not completely satisfied with it. On paper, the idea seemed flawless and the plot flowed naturally. However, I thought something was missing. Since I had an idea of what the film was trying to show and since I knew what the plot should be, it didn't hit me that maybe it wouldn't make sense for someone who has no idea what this was about. After getting some constructive criticism from my family and friends, it made me realize that I needed to make some major changes to the plot.

There is less than a week until this project is due, and I don't have time and resources to go out and film again. So I had to rely on only sound effects and music, I tried something new, I muted the sound tracks of my film and watched it over and over again trying to figure out what I can add, sound wise, that could completely change the plot for the better. 

What I have so far is a man wakes up in the forest all alone and finds this man in black. Now what is the purpose of the man that wakes up and what is the significance of the man in black in the story? As I tried to figure out what I would do to fix this mess, I came across something. The man in black is wearing a hoodie that somewhat resembles the grim reaper.  Now I had something and it seemed that it was going somewhere, I had a plot! The greatest part of it is that I can work with the original footage and only need to work on the sound and the audio. I'm super excited to see how this will turn out. Clearly it wont an action movie, now more like a psychological thriller!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment